Monday, August 6, 2012

More "Stilwell" -- A final shot at student government

Another digitially restored comic from "Stilwell," the strip I drew for the Cleveland State University student weekly The Cauldron in 1971 through 1973. (In previous posts, I mentioned that '71-'72 was the span, but I discovered in this one that I did push the strip into 1973. Oops!) I see that I kind of mailed it in for this one. It was bloated to eight panels instead of the usual four, the detail and lettering is sloppy, and the gag is stolen from an old Warner Bros. cartoon. I always depicted CSU's student government as being a nearly irrelevent body with no significant power or purpose except to maybe waste people's time trying to convince them otherwise. This was my final shot at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment